Calling all writers! You are invited to enter the second annual American Presidents Film & Literary Festival Writing Contest. Cash prizes will be awarded to age groups in two categories: essays and poetry. Winning entries may be published on this website and/or in a festival brochure.
GENERAL CONTEST RULES
- Your entry must be original, in English, text only (no images), unpublished and unproduced, not accepted by any other publisher or producer at the time of submission.
- The American Presidents Film and Literary Festival retains one-time nonexclusive publication rights to the winning entries to be published in a festival publication and/or on the festival website. Any piece posted anywhere online is considered published.
- Entries must be typed and formatted to 8-1/2 x 11 inch pages, single-sided, one inch margins. Essays must be double-spaced. Poetry may be single-spaced.
- Fonts: please use a font that is easy to read. Do not use a decorative or script font. 12-point type size is preferred but not mandatory.
- Your name, address, email, phone number, and date of birth must appear in the entry email.
- Entries will not be returned. Please keep a copy for your records. Non-winning entries will be shredded.
- Due to U.S. Government restrictions, we are unable to accept entries from Syria, Iran, North Korea, or Sudan.
- Every entry will be read by the judges. Judges’ decisions are final.
- Winners are responsible for any income taxes due on cash prizes.
- The following are not permitted to enter the contest: members of the festival planning committee and their immediate family members, festival speakers and workshops instructors.
- Award winners will be notified by September 23, 2019. Winners may be listed on the festival website and/or in a festival brochure.
HOW TO ENTER:
All entries* must be submitted as an email attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by using this submission form:
*(Students in the Fremont City School District may submit entries created for class assignments through their teachers.)
The deadline for all entries is Sept.7, 2019, 11:59 p.m.